At Arbor Home Health Care, Inc. we provide experiences to help those in our care build relationships and achieve realistic goals within our community. We work to strengthen self-esteem by encouraging them to share experiences and help each person feel accepted for who they are and what they can contribute.
We are proud to provide the following exemplary services to those in our care, based on their ISP and the rules and regulations set by the DODD.
Adult Day Support
We provide care with the following non-work activities separate from the home or facility.
- Assessment to develop an Individual Service Plan (ISP).
- Personal care, including personal hygiene, eating, communication, mobility, toileting and dressing.
- Skill reinforcement, such as implementing behavioral intervention plans, and help with the use of communication and mobility devices.
- Training in Self Determination to develop self-advocacy and independence skills.
- Recreation and leisure for therapeutic support and to develop and maintain social relationships and family contacts.
Adult Foster Care
(IO only) We provide personal care and supportive services in a private home setting to approximate the rhythm of life that naturally occurs as part of living in the family home.
- Medication oversight (as permitted under state law)
We help individuals in private home and group/congregate home settings with daily living activities.
- Basic personal care and grooming, including bathing, hair care, and help with clothing
- Help with medications that are usually self-administered when ordered by a doctor
- Household services essential to a person’s good health and comfort, such as changing bed linens
- Light cleaning in areas of the home used by the person
- Preparation of a shopping list, grocery shopping and meal preparation
- Other neighborhood errands including going to medical appointments or taking short walks
(Mileage and Trip) We own wheelchair accessible vehicles and passenger vans that seat 9-12 to enable individuals in our care to access waiver services and travel to community services, activities and other resources.
- Medical appointments
- Supported employment-enclave and supported employment-community waiver services
- Adult day support
- Shopping and errands
- Vocational habilitation
- Church services and other events
- Field trips to parks and community programs
We provide services designed to teach and reinforce habilitation concepts related to work, including responsibility, attendance, task completion, problem solving, social interaction, motor skill development and safety.
We are certified by the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities to provide services for individuals with the following funding sources:
- Level 1 waiver
- IO waiver
- Local funding